Epistemonikus: mix the best medical evidence and information technologies for clinical decisitions or public health policies. In spanish.
Cochrane Library: Health Technology Assesment Database from Cochrane Collaboration.
Essential Evidence Plus: is the only evidence-based, point-of-care clinical decision support system that gives you access to over 13,000 topics, guidelines, abstracts, and summaries.
Evidencias en Pediatria: the best source of EBM in pediatrics. In English and Spanish.
Prodigy: is a collection of evidence-based information and practical ‘know-how’ about the common conditions managed in primary care. This includes an extensive topic coverage (333 topics) consisting of almost 1000 clinical presentations or patient scenarios.
Biblioteca Cochrane PlusCochrane Library (John Wiley & Sons, Inc.)Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects. (DARE)Health Evidence NetworkHealth Technology Assessment Database (HTA)PEDroPICO- PubMedWeb of Knowledge (WoK)Tripdatabase It is an excellent site for Evidence Based Medicine information.
TIPS for using the TRIP database
- Using only one term can bring back a large number of results, so think of additional terms to help qualify the search e.g. asthma and steroids.
- On the results page you can filter your results based on an evidence based medicine hierarchy e.g. evidence-based synopses, systematic reviews. Use the ‘Filter by’ function on the right-hand side of the screen.
- It automatically searches Medline for you and displays the results.
- It searches the “Big 4” i.e. JAMA, New England Journal of Medicine, the Lancet and BMJ
ERIC (Education Resource Information Center) US Sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences (IES) of the US Department of Education. Coverage from 1966 to present.TIPS for using ERIC
- Use the ERIC Thesaurus.
- Always choose the Advanced Search option.
- Limit your Publication Dates e.g. 1994 to 2004.
- Tick the “Full-text availability” if you only want results with full-text provided.